Weaving and Dyeing workshops.
I offer workshops for small groups or on a one-to-one basis at home.
For some workshops I am able to come to another location.
If you are interested, please contact me: email is often the easiest way to reach me.
In the autumn I will be offering ‘Studio Days’again for 1 or 2 people. The looms will be ready to go, and all materials provided. This is basically a session for beginners to try out weaving.
Dates to suit.
Cost is £30 for a half day [9.30-1 or 1.30-5]
or £50 for a full day. If 2 come together for a 1 day workshop it will be £47.50 each.
A 2 day workshop would cost £85 per person.
Here are some examples of other topics I can cover:
Half day Workshops:
- Silk spinning on a drop spindle - yarns, fibres, fabric and / or silk scarf
- Setting up a ‘knitters loom or a rigid heddle loom’ – demonstration on my own equipment – or bring your own loom and yarns and I can help you set it up.
(If you are interested, please specify a preferred time – morning / afternoon / evening.)
1 or 2 day Workshops:
- Art / Inspirational /Creative Weaving - this can be on a loom, tapestry frame or other methods. Maybe weaving with unusual or recycled materials.
- Tapestry weaving for beginners - bring your own frame, or for a small charge I can sell or lend one. This could be run as a course – ie 4 half day sessions to allow you time to work at home.
- Warping a loom. Bring your table loom, and yarns, and I can help you set it up.
- Dyeing yarns> I can work with synthetic or natural dyes.
- Weave a small item, [ie a bag],
…..or a small scarf [there would be an extra charge for materials]
Equipment is available for use during tuition sessions, although you may prefer to bring your own.