Weaving and Dyeing workshops.
I offer workshops for small groups or on a one-to-one basis at home.
For some workshops I am able to come to another location.
If you are interested, please contact me: email is often the easiest way to reach me.
In the autumn I will be offering ‘Studio Days’again for 1 or 2 people. The looms will be ready to go, and all materials provided. This is basically a session for beginners to try out weaving.
Dates to suit.
Cost is £30 for a half day [9.30-1 or 1.30-5]
or £50 for a full day. If 2 come together it will be £47.50 each.
Here are some examples of other topics I can cover:
Half day Workshops:
- Microwave Dyeing - yarns, fibres, fabric and / or silk scarf
- Setting up a ‘knitters loom or a rigid heddle loom’ – demonstration on my own equipment – or bring your own loom and yarns and I can help you set it up.
(If you are interested, please specify a preferred time – morning / afternoon / evening.)
1 or 2 day Workshops:
- Art / Inspirational /Creative Weaving - this can be on a loom, tapestry frame or other methods. Maybe weaving with unusual or recycled materials.
- Tapestry weaving for beginners - bring your own frame, or for a small charge I can sell or lend one. This could be run as a course – ie 4 half day sessions to allow you time to work at home.
- Warping a loom. Bring your table loom, and yarns, and I can help you set it up.
- Dyeing yarns> I can work with synthetic or natural dyes.
- Weave a small item, or possibly 2..
Costs: These will vary depending on the size of the group, venue and workshop type. Please email me for specific prices.
Equipment is available for use during tuition sessions, although you may prefer to bring your own.